Thursday, February 10, 2011

I was asked to be a prostitute during the Super Bowl

I read this story yesterday and asked permission to repost it here. The girl, who we will call Retail Princess to protect her name, was approached at her retail workplace in the Dallas area, just prior to the Super Bowl.

Here is her story.

"It had been any other Monday night at work, pretty slow with the occasional passerby. I had a long day of classes, and came straight to work so it had been tiring. A man came in wearing shades at night and asked me to help him, so I did. I had a really strange feeling in the pit of my stomach, but I tried to ignore it and fake a smile. As I was ringing him up, he took out a stack of 1,000 dollar bills to pay for a simple 20 bucks. My co-worker leaned in. "Wow that's a lot of money!" she said. He proceeded to explain how he owned some sort of company and was able to get any kind of tickets he wanted. Good thing I'm a smart girl, and didn't believe a word of it. This man was clearly flashing his cash, why else in gods name would you carry around that much?

He flashed his VIP super bowl pass, and opened his bag to reveal stacks of money which made me very uncomfortable with his shady behavior. " I know I'm twice your age, he chuckled but you are beautiful I must say." I blushed. "Thanks", I stuttered not knowing how to reply. "If you spend a weekend with me, I'll teach you everything you need to know." He flashed the cash again. Give me a call baby he said and handed me a card with his phone number on it. I took it in complete and utter shock. I couldn't believe that man would think I could sleep with him. That he was prepared to pay me to do whatever he wanted just sickened me. I wonder how many pretty young 20 somethings has he attempted to prey on.

My more mature looking friend and co-worker did not get hit on, so I wondered if he had preyed on me for the fact that I look like a wide eyed innocent little girl. I think it attracts sicko's.

He attempted to condition me with his stories of his "success" with the rich and famous light up my eyes at my 8 dollar an hour job. It was just absolutely sick, but I could see right through it.

I'm just a poor Christian girl, who works hard to earn money and I'm proud to say I would never do something like that. It just saddens me that maybe some girl who knows no better would fall for his scheme, that she may end up in a very bad place. I can't report him to the police because technically, he did not do anything wrong, I just wish I could somehow alert them to this creep."


I asked her about the card and if she could have used it to inform the police. "
Unfortunately I threw away the mans number," she said. "But if I ever see him again you can bet that I will report him to the police."

Hopefully we can all learn from this experience. Also, I suggest that everyone save the National Human Trafficking Hotline 1-888-3737-888 in your phone. If you ever experience anything like this or see suspicious behavior that may be trafficking, call this hotline. It will be directed to the proper authorities immediately. Usually with a quicker response rate. When in doubt, always dial 911.

NATIONAL HUMAN TRAFFICKING HOTLINE

SAVE IN YOUR PHONE: 1-888-3737-888


http://hubpages.com/hub/I-was-asked-to-be-a-whore-today

No comments:

Post a Comment