Here is what you can do.
1. Go to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website at http://www.acf.hhs.gov/trafficking/about/form.htm.
2. Order FREE posters, flyers, stickers and other materials regarding human trafficking.
3. With a group of friends, or a local organization such as Boy Scouts, Church Group, Book Club, etc... Visit local businesses and talk to them about human trafficking. Ask if they will hang a poster in their store or put a sticker by their register.
4. Distribute all of your ordered materials and repeat steps 1-3.
Materials are available in multiple languages. Some good places to distribute them are...
- Gas stations
- Movie theaters
- Fast food places
- Truck stops
- Your office
- Anywhere in your community
You can do this. You can make a difference by helping distribute these vital materials. By doing so you accomplish 2 things.
- You help raise awareness in your community.
- You provide resources and information for those who are currently enslaved. They may see that poster or sticker at a gas station and then know who to contact for help.
So order materials, organize your group and make a difference today.