Saturday, June 26, 2010

Free the Captives Anti-Trafficking Conference in Dallas

You might be wondering why it's been 3 weeks since I made my last posts, but chances are more likely you didn't notice and were not wondering at all. Either way, we just moved back to the Dallas, Texas area. Things have been quite busy between packing, trying to find a new place to live, and, oh yeah, driving a moving truck 1,200 miles.

Now that things are starting settle down I am slowly hopping back in the saddle of abolitionist work. One of the first things I am doing is researching all of the local abolitionist groups in my area. I highly suggest everyone does the same in their own region.

While researching, I came across the free event shown below. So if you live in the Dallas area, register and come to the event. They have a great lineup of speakers and I would love to meet you at the event. I will be the one wearing a white AbolitionistJB polo shirt and khakis. Hope to see you there.

IRVING, TX
SATURDAY, JULY 24TH 8:30AM - 12:30PM

SPEAKERS:
Andy Hein, International Justice Mission,
"Human Trafficking around the World"

Christina MacKenzie, ALERT Ministries,
"Sex Trafficking of Domestic Minors"

Julie Waters, Esq., Free the Captives,
"God, the Church, and Human Trafficking"




No comments:

Post a Comment