Thursday, September 23, 2010

David Batstone Conversation: How Social Media Can Fight Modern Slavery


Abolition Conversations: Social Media & Social Change from Not For Sale Campaign on Vimeo.

From The Hub SoMa, Jack Dorsey of Twitter.com and Square (squareup.com) and David Batstone of Not For Sale address the question: "Can Social Media be a catalyst for real social change?" Brought to you by the 2010 Global Forum on Human Trafficking, this event is an excellent preview to the Global Forum (globalforumonhumantrafficking.org) on October 14-15.


What do you think?  How can you use social media to make a difference via Twitter, Facebook, Email, Blogging, etc...?

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved the closing statements from Batstone - Metrics are in place to end slavery in the next 20-25 years. And, from Jack on Twitter: Twitter can be used as a peacemaker. We can understand how others live and how we impact how others live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also decided to devote my life to ending slavery. My first step is to raise awareness by personally doing 10,000 push-ups over 100 days in Martin Place, Sydney, and I'm nearly done! To see me doing my push-ups in my suit, visit http://www.crushslavery.com

    ReplyDelete